DMS Anti Rolling Gyro
For those who take zero speed stability seriously
DMS Holland is a distributor for the well-known Anti Rolling Gyro (ARG) – a product featuring technology by Mitsubishi. These gyros have proven their quality in space station stabilisation, commercial navigation and in countless motor yachts since 1981.
The ARG completes the DMS Holland product range and meets the high quality that is central to the DMS proposition: to guarantee the best of the best in terms of stabilisation, so that everyone’s stay on board is as carefree, comfortable and safe as possible with the risk of seasickness kept to a minimum. That’s how we continue to fulfill our promise: ahead in stabilisation.
DMS Anti Rolling Gyro 50T – 65T
DMS Anti Rolling Gyro 175T
DMS Anti Rolling Gyro 250T
DMS Anti Rolling Gyro 375T
Why should you choose the DMS ARG?
The operation of the DMS ARG is problem-free. Zero speed stability is guaranteed for fast yachts and slow sailing yachts and is suitable for all hull shapes.
In addition, the operation is much quieter than other gyros on the market and gives optimal results faster. Another advantage is the considerably shorter ‘read-out time’. Due to the larger gimbal angle – 180 degrees instead of 120 degrees – the DMS ARG responds better to higher waves. In other words, more damping of roll movements.
The fundamental concept and construction are much more durable due to the reduced design complexity compared to other providers in the gyro market.
Smart thinking results in:
- No penetrations through the hull; only a solid foundation needed
- No need for water for cooling or a hydraulic system to operate fins
- An exhaust fan only preferable in a confined space
- Maintaining a vacuum is not necessary
- Reduced complexity means fewer parts for maintenance or breakage
- Air cooling has long since proven itself to be completely problem-free. The ARG has been running for years in various engine rooms of large commercial ships. It gets much hotter there than in any engine room on a yacht
- Significantly longer service intervals that are easier to check thanks to read-outs
- The ARG originates from the development of gyros for a space station. That high quality is incorporated in the ARG placed in your yacht<
Ultimately, of course, it is about results. Comparative tests have shown that:
- The DMS ARG is operationally faster than the alternatives available from other suppliers
- Using a larger gimbal swing angle of 180 degrees guarantees stabilisation for longer in higher waves. This makes the torque output the highest in the market
Easy installation and low maintenance
The focus on durability, and therefore to keep maintenance requirements as low as possible, was already addressed during the design phase. That makes the shipyards’ job much easier. What else can you expect?
- Installation is simple. There are no hull penetrations, only a solid foundation is needed
- The relatively simple installation makes retrofitting possible
- There is no electrical control unit resulting in far fewer malfunctions and a high level of safety
- The bearings of the DMS ARG last up to 5x longer than those from competing brands
- No water cooling required, meaning maintenance intervals are much longer
Better price/value ratio
Simplicity was the starting point in the design. That has resulted not only in excellent durability, but also much lower production costs for the DMS ARG. The price/performance is therefore the best in the market. In short: the more torque, the greater the price advantage compared to other providers in the market. Up to 40% cheaper!
Added value DMS
Our many years of experience as a stabilisation specialist for yachts makes DMS the ideal partner for shipyards. It puts DMS in the position to accurately select the right gyro for every roll damping need.